Here's a complimentary webinar:
How Advocate accelerated EHR adoption using speech recognition: case study
Thursday, June 30, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
Over the next five years, the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) will become standard practice for use by all physicians and other clinicians in the United States. According to Congressional Budget Office estimates, by 2019, 90% of all physicians will be using an EHR.
This rapid adoption rate, however, masks a fundamental challenge for physicians: EHR systems can be difficult to use and inflexible, which may prevent them from being used effectively by a broad range of physicians without help from enabling technologies.
Speech recognition is one such technology. It has proved effective at helping physicians create electronic health records. Today, more than 200,000 clinicians use real-time speech recognition to dictate findings directly into electronic records software - far more than those documenting findings solely via typing or mouse-clicks.
During this webinar, presented by Adem Arslani, Director of Information Technology and Clinical Informatics at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, participants will learn how they can:
* Dramatically reduce transcription expenses.
* Create a strategic planning and implementation adoption strategy for a combined EHR/speech recognition technology roll out.
* Help physicians save as much as an hour a day by using speech recognition as an integral part of their EHR experience
* Keith Belton, Senior Director Marketing, Nuance Communications, Inc.
* Adem Arslani, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Complimentary! There is no cost to attend this webinar.
Each webinar lasts at least 60 minutes and includes a Q&A session with the presenter. Each registration includes one web connection per registrant.
CPHIMS, This activity qualifies for 1.0 contact hour toward recertification of the CPHIMS credential.
More information here.