Practice Fusion Hits 25,000 EHR User Milestone
Free, web-based electronic health record company celebrates 400% growth in 2009.
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion today announced that the company's user base has grown 400% in 2009 to surpass 25,000 medical professionals. Practice Fusion continues to be the fastest growing Electronic Health Record (EHR) community in the US, serving the needs of family practice and private practice physicians across the country.
Practice Fusion's free model gathered a great deal of attention in 2009, disrupting a sector where equivalent EHR systems cost $50,000+ a year. Highlights from 2009 include:
* Starting 2009 with 5,000 registered users
* Announcement of HITECH incentives under the ARRA stimulus plan
* Overhauling the scheduling module
* Launching an "Activity Feed" for visually tracking activity within a practice
* Receiving strategic investment from salesforce.com
* Integrating with Quest Diagnostics and BioReference Laboratories
* Announcing the company's "Meaningful Use" certification guarantee
* Launching Patient Fusion, a free Personal Health Record platform challenging Google Health and Microsoft Health Vault
* Hitting the 25,000 user milestone
"This was a David v. Goliath year for Practice Fusion," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "We entered a market dominated by behemoth, legacy EHR vendors and disrupted the status quo by offering an affordable, easy-to-use system for doctors. As HITECH deadlines approach in 2010, no other vendor can deliver an EHR solution that is as cheap, fast and secure while still guaranteeing qualification for $44,000+ in stimulus dollars."
Practice Fusion is available free to any physician in the country with no installation or downtime required. Practice Fusion's new video case study series includes a primary care physician and psychiatrist describing the adoption process. Medical practitioners can register for Practice Fusion online at www.practicefusion.com in less than five minutes.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion addresses the complexities and critical needs of today's healthcare environments by providing a revolutionary, web-based, electronic health record (EHR) application and delivery model for physicians and patients at no cost. As a result, Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic health record communities in country. Practice Fusion has more than 25,000 users in 50 states. For more information on Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
SOURCE Practice Fusion
Post a Comment