Here's a fascinating report titled, "JuvoLab Announces Results of Study Analyzing Entire Global Oncology Community's Twitter Usage at ASCO 2010."
The study demonstrates:
* True extent of Twitter popularity among the ASCO 2010 constituent attendees
* Functional role, demographics, and size of following for high-volume users who generated >75% of the total #ASCO10 content
* Origin and contextual composition of tweets as clinical news, clinical discussion, promotional tweets, or other
* Physicians as the highest generators of clinical discussion tweets and their aggregate views on key clinical management topics
* Nature of discussions surrounding investigational or prescription drug products -- over 150 drugs or drug-drug combinations analyzed
* Best practices in compliant pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry promotion via Twitter
* Best practices in compliant academic association or institutional promotion via Twitter
* Complexities and limitations in analyzing social media outputs
You can read more here.