The four goals for the 5010 Testing Project included:
- Initiating industry and market momentum for the adoption of the 5010 HIPAA transaction requirements and the complementary CORE rules certification process;
- Providing an avenue to demonstrate current industry capabilities for HIPAA-compliant administrative data exchange with multi-stakeholder participation through the 2009 North American Connect-a-thon and the 2009 HIMSS Interoperability Showcase;
- Highlighting the 5010 testing options in conjunction with the CORE Phase I and II rules testing scripts and testing tools already available to the market; and
- Displaying private-public collaboration, and the critical role that voluntary, private sector-led efforts like HITSP, IHE and CORE play in the national landscape.
Everyone knows CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). You're probably even familiar with the BCBSA (Blue Cross Blue Shield Association).
How about there health IT acronmys?
- CAQH (Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare)
- CORE (CAQH's Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange)
- HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society)
- HITSP (Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel)
- IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise)