MEDICAL DIRECTOR –ONCOLOGY BACKGROUND
Our client has been a major influence in the Pharmaceutical Medical Communications arena for over a decade. Their capabilities span the spectrum from accredited educational programs (and enduring materials) to innovative electronic & web-based media.
Due to their sustained growth, they are seeking an experienced Medical Director with knowledge of oncology.
If you’re looking for an opportunity where your experience can have an impact (and be appreciated!) this may be the place for you.
The Medical Director reports directly to the President, and is responsible for overseeing the development of scientific and medical content for accredited and non-accredited activities developed by the company. Duties include the creation, development and review of content for educational initiatives, proposals and needs assessments, coordination with company executives in the development of educational strategies, coordination with clinical experts and internal staff to ensure timely delivery of accurate and relevant content, interaction with commercial supporters to provide logistical and strategic development updates, as appropriate and according to ACCME, OIG and AMA Guidelines, and recruitment and supervisions of freelance writers, as needed.
- Assist in the development of, oversee, and coordinate the development of evidence-based medical and scientific content for use in accredited and non-accredited educational activities, presented in multiple formats including print, audio, video, and Web
- Actively assess clinical and educational needs and developments in specific therapeutic areas to ensure timely delivery of cutting edge content, tools, and initiatives
- Work with, recruit, and be the primary contact for, clinical experts in the development of educational material
- Oversee the editing and incorporation or revision, as appropriate, of content submitted by clinical experts for use in educational programs
- Liaise with clinical experts in the review of program content and revise content as necessary, per the direction of the reviewers and internal staff
- Work with internal teams to ensure that project deadlines are met, by providing content development support and strategic input
- Mentor and/or manage internal medical and scientific writers
- Oversee freelance medical writers, as needed
- Lead teams in liaising with medical education departments of commercial supporters, as appropriate, and in accordance with ACCME, OIG and AMA Guidelines and commercial supporters’ policies
- Work with President and other Company Executives to develop educational opportunities and long-range educational strategies by reviewing industry drug development and disease management and healthcare delivery trends
- Provide new business development leads, participate in development of capabilities materials and attend capabilities presentations as appropriate
- Develop ongoing relationships with organizations, foundations, academic institutions, and commercial supporters
- Develop or oversee the development of needs assessments for new educational programs through literature review, assimilation of physician and patient survey data, clinical expert interview, and review of public policy and patients outcome and quality of life data
Position requirements include the following:
- An advanced degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD,
, RN, APN) in oncology; a sound knowledge of hematologic malignancies preferred RPh, PA
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in the clinical, medical and/or pharmaceutical field
- A minimum of four years experience in content development and medical/scientific writing, with at least three years experience in Oncology
- Experience in other therapeutic areas: CNS, Pain desirable
- A solid understanding of recent trends in medical education and new requirements for medical education providers
- Experience with, and knowledge of, ACCME, OIG, and AMA Guidelines
- Previous experience in working with clients in the pharmaceutical industry and with clinical experts
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work closely in a team environment
- Experience with web technologies desirable
Marilyn Sundburg, New Horizons Recruiting, LLC
Post a Comment