The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) invites you to join us in Washington D.C. on September 16 to learn about and be part of public and private sector led advancements to equip and empower patients to better manage their health in a digital era. The Summit will feature:
- A summary of recent and upcoming policy and regulatory changes that are strengthening patients' rights and ability to access their health data electronically, including Meaningful Use and HITECH modifications to HIPAA.
- Examples of where Blue Button is being implemented to give consumers electronic access to their health data and a new tool to help consumers find out which providers, plans, and others offer Blue Button.
- Innovative apps that are addressing consumer needs and helping them use their health information in exciting ways, including the announcement of the Blue Button Co-Design Challenge winner
- Business opportunities for developers to build eHealth tools.
- An announcement about a new eHealth campaign, including PSAs, and efforts by consumer advocacy organizations and others to build greater awareness of eHealth and to shift attitudes about patient participation in health and healthcare.
- Interactive breakout sessions on advancing greater awareness, developing applications and tackling real world implementation challenges.
Monday, September 16, 2013
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Hubert H. Humphrey Building
200 Independence Avenue S.W.
Washington, D.C., 20201
If you are unable to attend the Summit in person you can view the main session online at www.hhs.gov/live