Here's information about the SHARP program from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology:
The purpose of the Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Projects (SHARP) Program is to fund research focused on achieving breakthrough advances to address well-documented problems that have impeded adoption of health IT and to accelerate progress towards achieving nationwide meaningful use of health IT in support of a high-performing, continuously-learning health care system.
ONC expects to award four cooperative agreements:
1. Security of Health Information Technology
2. Patient-Centered Cognitive Support
3. Healthcare Application and Network Platform Architectures
4. Secondary Use of EHR Data
Here are some interesting "Facts-At-A-Glance" about the SHARP Program:
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) has awarded $60 million in cooperative agreements for the Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Projects (SHARP) Program.
- The SHARP program seeks to support improvements in the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare, through advanced information technology.
- The research projects supported by the SHARP program will focus on solving current and expected future challenges that represent barriers to adoption and meaningful use of health IT. These projects will focus on areas where "breakthrough" advances are needed to realize the full potential of health IT.
- Each awardee in the SHARP Program will implement a focused research project in one of the following four areas where breakthrough advances are needed to address barriers to the adoption of health IT to meet the goal of making electronic health records (EHRs) available for all Americans by 2014.
Post a Comment