From the FDA: Eggs in Their Shells May Put Consumers at Risk for Salmonella
* The current recall of eggs in their shells, or “shell eggs,” is part of an ongoing and intensive investigation by local, state, and federal officials into the cause of recent cases of Salmonella Enteritidis.
* This recall affects shell eggs produced by Wright County Egg of Galt, Iowa. The eggs are packaged under different brand names and distributed nationwide.
* The shell eggs may contain Salmonella Enteritidis (SE) and may cause serious illness.
* Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
* Consumers should throw away the product or return the product to the store
Click here for more information.
Post a Comment