- $300 million for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- $400 million for the National Institutes of Health, and
- $400 million for the Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Conduct, support, or synthesize research that compares the clinical outcomes, effectiveness, and appropriateness of items, services, and procedures that are used to prevent, diagnose, or treat diseases, disorders, and other health conditions.
- Encourage the development and use of clinical registries, clinical data networks, and other forms of electronic health data that can be used to generate or obtain outcomes data.