This is the Sermo "poll du jour." Former governor of Vermont and DNC Chairman, Howard Dean closed the recent debate with Dr. Daniel Palestrant on CNBC by saying: “All physicians should be on salary.” If you are a physician, do you agree?
- What impact will making physicians salaried employees have on patient care?
- What action would you most likely take in the event that the Federal Government attempts to make all physicians salaried employees?
- Would you accept more federal involvement in your healthcare practice, on behalf of your patients care?
- Would this involvement improve overall efficiency in your practice? For you? For your patients?
- What if doctors are forced to negotiate payment rates with the US Secretary of Health and Human Services?