Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Job Post: Medical Director at Omnicare Clinical Research posted on 5/20/08
Here's a job post from LinkedIn
Medical Director at Omnicare Clinical Research
OMNICARE CLINICAL RESEARCH is a leading Phase I to IV contract research organization (CRO) serving the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries. With a global presence in more than 30 countries in Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific we possess diverse therapeutic expertise and a comprehensive scope of clinical services. With our experience of more than 20 years and about 1.100 employees we are a dynamic team of professionals interested in expanding the business and keen to deliver a high quality product. No matter what the project, we have expertise in handling a wide range of studies from pediatrics to geriatrics.
The Medical Director manages and takes responsibility for medical and scientific aspects of phase I-IV projects in his therapeutic area in OCR International and/or globally, in collaboration with a matrix-structured team of professionals including clinical operations, proposals, business and project management.
* To undertake feasibility work and formal feasibility studies, primarily in his therapeutic area (cardiology or oncology) but also in other therapeutic areas, as needed.
* To collaborate with Business Development in the preparation of proposals as well as attend Bid defense meetings when required.
* To assist in the preparation of clinical development plans in collaboration with Clinical Writers.
* To liaise with expert opinion in relevant therapeutic areas (primarily cardiology or oncology).
* To review clinical documentation (Protocol, Case Report Forms, Informed Consent, etc.) as required by Medical Writers.
* To communicate with investigators and site personnel as needed as a medical monitor.
* To review Serious Adverse Event Reports as required by the Safety Department.
* To conduct a medical review of patients’ safety and laboratory data.
* Ability to work in a team, with sensitivity and diplomacy.
* Able to write clearly and present ideas in a logical fashion.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages would be a plus.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
* A medical doctor (MD) board certified in internal medicine and with at least two to three years clinical experience in cardiology or oncology.
* Full registration as physician and basic clinical research experience preferred.
* Board certification or eligibility in cardiology or oncology would be an asset.
* Travel occasionally upon request.
* Must be familiar with the MS Office Tools (software).