According to Modern Healthcare, eight winners have been chosen for the 2009 Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems (AMDIS) Awards, recognizing accomplishments advancing the application of information systems and computer technology to the practice of medicine. The winners include five individual physicians, two organizations and one team.
- Dr. Michael Dominguez, medical informatics officer, University Health System, San Antonio
- Fallon Clinic, Worcester, Mass.
- Dr. Cynthia Herzog of MemorialCare Medical Centers, Orange County, Calif.
- Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Dr. Steve Margolis, chief medical informatics officer, Orlando (Fla.) Health
- Dr. Jon Morris, medical informatics officer, WellStar Health System, Marietta, Ga.
- Dr. Matt Sprunger, medical director of clinical informatics, Dupont Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Interoperability team, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center