Here's a summary of the new ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) website (taken from their email):
• Keeping you up-to-date: On the home page, a rotating graphic and Highlights entries inform you of important announcements and upcoming events. In addition, you can now subscribe to RSS feeds for our e-newsletter, Highlights, news releases, audio commentaries, video interviews, and Ask ACCME. (We will continue to deliver the ACCME Report, our e-newsletter, to your e-mail inbox.)
• The CME Providers and Accreditors sections offer comprehensive information organized to meet your specific needs, plus quick links to relevant educational resources.
• The Requirements section brings together the accreditation and recognition requirements in one section, for easy, quick access, and features multiple viewing options to support your needs. You can assess the Accreditation Criteria in their entirety; you can also click on an individual criterion to see more information about compliance, as well as links to relevant resources.
• The Find a CME Provider section features an interactive map and search function, demonstrating the scope of the ACCME accreditation system, and enabling visitors to search for both ACCME-accredited and intrastate providers by location or name.
• Sections for physicians/health care professionals, the public, and the media describe the value of accredited CME, the ACCME accreditation system, and the system’s accountability to the public.