Here's another complimentary HIMSS webinar:
The Accelerating Countdown to Meaningful Use
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
Hospital IT executives routinely make decisions about their organization's IT infrastructure, but they cannot dictate the rate of physician adoption of critical systems, which ultimately will determine whether the organization attains Meaningful Use. Toward that end, the best any IT staff can do is deploy "physician friendly" applications that clinicians like to use and, therefore, choose to use. But the clock is ticking.
Whether your hospital has Stage 1 Meaningful Use well in hand, or it remains a distant vision, accelerating physician adoption and driving sustained Meaningful Use of healthcare IT is a challenge for all – because Stage 2 surely will raise the "adoption bar" significantly for current objectives, such as CPOE, and will add adoption goals for new objectives, like electronic documentation.
In this educational webinar, attendees will hear from a hospital CMIO, a former CIO, and a healthcare IT CEO about
* Mounting pressures to accelerate physician adoption of mandated IT applications
* Best practices in designing and deploying "physician friendly" systems that invite adoption
* Strategies for leveraging physicians' use of mobile technology to drive Meaningful Use
* Paul Brient, President & CEO, PatientKeeper Inc.
* Joe Diver, former hospital CIO and currently Regional Vice President of Services, PatientKeeper Inc.
* Donald M. Burt, MD, Chief Medical Officer, PatientKeeper Inc
Pricing: Complimentary! There is no cost to attend this webinar.
What's Included: Each webinar lasts at least 60 minutes and includes a Q&A session with the presenter. Each registration includes one web connection per registrant.
Continuing Education: CPHIMS, This activity qualifies for 1.0 contacts hours toward recertification of the CPHIMS credential.
Register for the webinar here.