Here is a short video demonstrating the patient simulation center:
Here's additional information about the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center F. Marie Hall SimLife Center:
To promote quality, safe patient care by transforming clinical education and engaging in research supported through innovative simulation technologies.
- Conduct quality evidence-based simulated experiences
- Provide a learning environment that allows the learner to develop competencies, critical and reflective thinking skills without putting patients at risk
- Facilitate the transfer of theoretical knowledge to both the simulated and actual patient care setting
- Promote Interprofessional collaboration, communication, teamwork, and research
- Conduct research to validate the use of simulation as an educational strategy