- Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO)
- Medical Director of Information Systems
- Medical Director of Clinical Informatics
So, "clinical informatics" is clearly defined, but the term "technologist" is very broad and it can mean several different things. In some fields (such as radiology, surgery, nuclear medicine, etc.) a technologist may be a type of technician. Some may even use the terms technologist and technician interchangeably. If you search on the Internet, you'll find these types of definitions for the word "technologist":
- The technologist is a key member of that team who is responsible for applying the research, analysis and designs of his colleagues the scientist and the engineer.
- Technologists also supervise technicians who are involved in fabricating, operating, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment and systems.
- Technologist: A specialist in technology.
As for me, I currently hold the official title of "Vice President of Medical Affairs and Technology" in my company and that makes me a physician executive and a technologist.