Here are some of the key points from this session:
- Total Health at Kaiser Permanente focuses on disease prevention and patient empowerment.
- KP HealthConnect and MyHealthManager is now a part of a comprehensive EHR.
- The majority of MyHealthManager PHR users are very satisfied with their PHR experience
- KP is leveraging YouTube to connect with consumers.
- They are experimenting with the balance to improve productivity while allowing employees to engage in social media.
- Care is delivered socially and so care delivery should be social as well.
- Patients want to be involved and empowered.
- Social media allows an organization to: protect and promote the brand, improve organic search results, create brand champions, and extend the impact of traditional media.
- Responding to patient complaints on Facebook and other social media channels.
- Develop a social media policy for your organization.
- Key steps include: monitoring; responding; pitching; and participating.
- Social media allows health professionals to create real relationships. However, are we erasing the line that separates the professional relationship from the personal relationship?
- Social media can also improve employee-employee communication.
Special thanks to HP for sponsoring me to blog about HIMSS10.