The Most Wired Survey and Benchmarking study, conducted annually by Hospitals and Health Networks, has named the "100 Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems" for 2009. The magazine also released lists of the "25 Most Improved," the "25 Most Wireless" and the "25 Most Wired - Small and Rural" hospitals. I'm sure we'll see some significant improvements over the next several years as more hospitals adopt health information technology (health IT) solutions and integrate them into the clinical workflow.
Here's what you can expect if we pick a state (I'll pick Texas as an example since I know many doctors who work there):
- Most Wired: Children's Medical Center of Dallas
- Most Improved: Knapp Medical Center
- Most Wired: Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
- Most Wired: Texas Health Resources
- Most Wired: The Methodist Hospital